ABOUT THE TEAM
Payments are a fundamental part of TalentDesk’s platform offering. With TalentDesk, our clients are able to receive one invoice each billing period for all of their freelancers/contractors and have confidences that TalentDesk will ensure that they are all paid promptly no matter what they are located.
The payments team is leading the FinTech direction of TalentDesk with some exciting new developments. This is your opportunity to join a small team where you will be responsible for leading the direction.
Seniority: Senios/Lead Location: EU/UK (remote)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Collaborating within the company to determine the product direction of invoicing and payment processing
- Integrating with new payment gateways including cryptocurrencies and e-wallets
- Scaling & enhancing existing processes to deliver better products and services to our customers
- Ensure you and your teammates are following best development practices Share your knowledge and learn from your teammates
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fluency in Node.js
- Understanding of RDBMS
- Experience with Event-based architectures
- Experience with TDD, CI/CD, trunk-based development
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to work in a distributed environment
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience in global payments systems
- Experience with container-based deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with public cloud systems (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Ability to write easily understandable and maintainable code in multiple programming languages
- Awareness of data quality aspects in data warehousing systems
- Experience with SQL performance tuning
- Experience in workload automation using job queues
- Experience with HTTP API integrations
- Awareness of time and memory complexity aspects in I/O
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools: Sentry, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK
A little about us... TalentDesk.io is a SaaS start-up revolutionizing the contractor management and payments industry.
The founding team has 14+ years of experience in the freelance/contractor space internationally and has a strong advisor/investor board of industry leaders such as Gavin Paterson - currently the President & Chief Revenue Officer of Salesforce (formerly the Chief Executive of British Telecom), Joshua March - the founder of leading SaaS business Conversocial which recently completed a successful exit, Fabrice Grinda - serial entrepreneur and one of the world’s leading Angel Investor and co-founder of FJ Labs, Philip Lehner - the CEO of one of the largest industrial groups in Europe with $4bn in annual turnover, and others.
What we’re looking for... TalentDesk is scaling up its payments team to support more destination countries and more payment options. We are looking for someone, ideally with a background in payments or accounting development who has worked on projects at scale.
A few of the many perks of joining the TalentDesk.io team:
- Fully remote position (Europe)
- Competitive salary
- Share options package
- Flexible work
- Days off - We encourage breaks and freshness so we expect you to be with your loved ones on your birthday and name-day! Oh and those important school days where you want to be with your children!
- Work with great colleagues of excellent calibre and ambition that code for fun!